You’ll find this keto ice cream recipe can satisfy any sweet tooth.
Let’s get right to the recipe and how to make this keto ice-cream. It is just as easy as any other homemade ice cream would be. Go ahead and give this recipe a try for yourself.
Keto Ice Cream Recipe
4 Egg Yolks
1/2 cup of powdered sweetener ( you can use a mixture of half Pyure and half xylitol)
3 cups of Heavy Cream
1/3 cup of Cocoa Powder
¼ tsp of Salt
½ tsp of Instant coffee Powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup toasted almonds
1) In a big bowl, Whisk together the eggs and sweetener for 3 to 4 minutes or until the mixture turns a thick pale color, set aside.
2) In a medium saucepan, add cream, coffee powder and cocoa powder, bring a simmer but don’t let it boil.
3) Whisk 1 cup of the hot mixture into the egg and sugar mixture in 1/8 cup increments to temper the mixture and whisk until smooth.
4) Pour the egg mixture into the saucepan with the remaining milk and egg mixture and cook over low heat for about 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
5) Strain the mixture through a fine sieve in the large bowl and add vanilla. Place bowl in an ice bath and stir continually until mixture is cooled. Cover with plastic wrap making sure that the plastic wrap is actually touching the cream mixture to prevent the formation of a skin, refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours or up to overnight.
6) Make sure to put your ice cream machine insert in the freezer overnight so it works the best.
7) Add the custard in your frozen ice cream machine insert. Turn the ice cream machine on and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions (mine took about 25 minutes). Add almonds 5 mins before ice cream is done so that they don’t get crushed too small.